8. Turning off lights
Lighting of guest rooms should turn off automatically when guests leave the room. If no such automatic system is in place, guests must be requested to turn off the lights manually when leaving the room.
Main goals of this criterion:
- to reduce energy consumption caused by lighting
- to increase life expectancy of lamps and bulbs
- to decrease emissions caused by energy production.
You are not an registered user. You are not allowed to view the whole content of this website. In this section would contain also the follwowing pages:
- Definition: If there is no automatic off switch for lights in ...
- Focus: Smaller or older accommodations usually do not hav...
- Additional focus
- Implementation: There are several ways of requesting guests to tur...
- How to document the criteria: A copy of the information provided to guests. The ...
If you are interested to get the European EcoLabel, please contact one of our Partners nearby your location - you will then be registered for free for this program.
If you already have received a username and a password please use it on the startpage by clicking here.